Saturday, November 22

I had always assumed that tonsilitis affected only the tonsils and throat, but firsthand experience with this irksome motherfu- disease led me to conclude two things:

First, that the word 'assume' probably came about because it's a combination of 'ass', 'u' and 'me'. Makes an ASS of U n ME. Ha, get it??

Second, tonsilitis really sucks. :( Don't get it!!


------


I was walking out to catch a bus to the nearby Five Star chicken rice restaurant yesterday when my mind suddenly spoke to me.

"Hey Josh," it said, "Why don't you put away your specs and just walk around blind for awhile? Forget your 500 degrees of short-sightedness and astigmatism, it's gonna be GREAT!"

It was, to a certain extent (which means that it wasn't to a certain extent as well). I felt like I couldn't be distracted by anything in the world for everything was a blur and no matter how hard I squinted, I simply could not focus enough to see anything or anyone clearly. It would have been quite retarded had I walked within a metre of a person's face, only to realize I got the wrong person. I also felt sympathetic for those who suffered from blindness, especially the avoidable sort.



The path I took was relatively safe because there was minimal human and road traffic, but still. Kids- don't try this in or out of home unless under adult supervision ya?! Though I've no idea why any adult in the right frame of mind would let you pull this sort of stunt anyway.

If for whatever reason you're feeling down and out now, just count your blessings, and face your obstacles/problems with a smile! :) You know why? Because if you can read this, you've the gift of sight! Apasial...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love sight. at least i CAN see the beauty of the world. oh josh, your face is perfect. -rayner.


What i mean,
Courtesy of Dictionary.com

per⋅fect
   /adj., n. ˈpɜrfɪkt; v. pərˈfɛkt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [adj., n. pur-fikt; v. per-fekt] Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. zxkjfdghabodf
2. excellent or complete beyond practical or theoretical improvement: There is no perfect legal code. The proportions of this temple are almost perfect.
3. asoidfvhnaiers
4. entirely without any flaws, defects, or shortcomings: a perfect apple; the perfect crime.
5. aouiwehbng
6. th